1. Create an Inviting Entryway – When your front door opens directly into the room with no designated foyer, you are able to construct the illusion of one having an area rug. A chevron wool rug is a good example of creating a welcoming entry and makes a wonderful contrast to the hardwood.
2. Make Your Living Room a Focal Point – While big rooms and tall spaces are the inviting aspect of an open-concept residence, they also bring a challenge for organizing a cozy space for hanging out. A beautiful living space can be undefined until you place a patterned rug for an inviting and cozier conversation area. With high ceilings and large windows, the rug offers an anchor into the space and draws the eye down from the big spaces, making the room feel friendly and cozy.
3. Define the Dining Area – Just because your home lacks a traditional dining room, doesn’t mean you can’t have one. In this contemporary living area, a large rug creates a dining area. Without walls to create tangible zones, a rug is required to arrange the space into useful areas.
4. Outline High Traffic Areas – Larger spaces often mean there are numerous exits and entrances to both the outside and other rooms. Dare to put area rugs on top of your already installed rugs for protection.
5. Outside Area Rugs – Large patios are also changed into defined, open-air living spaces. A durable outdoor rug can carve out a great outdoor living room from an area without definite borders. A rug makes any seating area and specially in front of a fireplace an inviting creative and cozy household space for more family sharing.
With walls coming down in remodels and new homes representing open-concept design styles, rugs offer comfort and beauty while maximizing and organizing space. Perk up your decor by adding area rugs. Have a look at online stores that have affordable lovely rugs on sale, check out online decorating ideas and social media, get a sense for what look you want to achieve but at exactly the same time think out of the box and dare to be different. Your family and friends will love for sure what you’ve chosen. Living on a budget? You will be able to change your decor by painting an accent wall, add a few decoration vases with vibrant flowers or fruits, use colorful owls as well as the area rugs you have chosen.